If you have been convicted with any felonies, including those related to animal abuse, you are now in possession of a criminal record that will follow you all the days of your life- unless you hire an expungement lawyer to clear up your record. If you are in Texas, like myself, I know of one who has helped my friends brother. His name is Kelly Dawson and you can find him by searching “The Dawson Law Group”
Even if you get your charges dropped a record of your arrest still exists. Expungement lawyers specialize in removing blemishes from your arrest record, even fingerprints and booking photos are destroyed from police records. Regardless of the reason for the charge, it will end up on your permanent record which can affect your future in a negative way when it comes to employment, loan applications, security access, and even education.
Why Do I Need an Expungement Lawyer To Clear My Record?
If you do not clear your record, you could be facing years of problems that you don’t deserve such as :
- Loss of employment opportunities. It can be very difficult to find a job with a felony conviction
- May not be able to go to college
- Difficulty getting required licenses for your job because the licensing board does criminal background checks .
What Can An Expungement Attorney Do For You?
It is important to get record cleared because life is difficult enough already without the stress of past criminal convictions hanging over your head. Hiring an expungement attorney will help you get a fresh start so that the actions of your past do not continue to haunt your present circumstances.You can not clear your record on your own expungement lawyers must take action. In order to complete this process, the proper documents must be filed and arranged to be reviewed by a judge for things to go smoothly. Talking to a lawyer will give you a better idea of what you can do right now to over the criminal mistakes of your past.
How Can an Expungement Attorney Actually Help Me?
1. Let you know if you meet the requirements . Certain violent and other serious crimes cannot be expunged
2. May not be eligible if you are convicted of another crime after the one you are seeking expungement
3. Expungement lawyer must file motion to court that must be signed by judge
4. In case of a hearing, the expungement lawyer will guide you.
It is important to hire an expungement attorney to help you clean your arrest record because the rules vary from state to state and you will need the help of an experienced navigator of the legal system. Additionally, not all convictions can be expunged, your lawyer will inform you of your status. For example, if you have entered a pre or post trial diversion agreement and have completed your probation successfully then you are eligible. However, if you violate the diversion agreement, it will be nullified and and make expungement impossible.